Wednesday 29 August 2018

Black Desert Online Episode 2: Calpheon and Port Ratt


After a year of talking and connecting to the Black Spirit, I finally know what my purpose in life is. I want to know the truth about Elionism, I want to reveal the dirt the government is hiding and how the citizens of Calpheon is disgusted with several people ruling the land. I found out the Elion priest I stabbed survived and he is pretty much doing the same thing, ordering to murder people he thinks is useless. After that, I never felt guilt stabbing him back on that day.


I became a witch because the help of the Back Spirit, however, I am the only one who can see and talk to him. My mother let me go with ease when I told her I want to find my path in life and start a life at Olvia after some months after my fathers death. Olvia is a really small town, smaller than my hometown Kamaslyvia. Life is simple and I somehow learned how to fish and farm.




I did not really stayed long at Olvia, I transfer from city to city. Name it from Velia, Heidel, Calpheon and Altinova. Before, I cannot even kill a chicken to cook and eat it, now everything changed. I cannot even count how many monsters and creatures I killed. All ofcourse in my belief that killing them will bring peace for those who needs help. I settled and bought a small house at the capital of Calpheon, it is near the traders and merchants which became handy to me whenever I needed something.


The location of my house is not really all at peace, I can still hear the merchants and a bunch of people outside on the busy market asking for bargains and chattering but is quiet enough for me to be able to take a sleep. I have a cooking utensil with pans and other cooking tools I bought from Mr. Fredelles Herba. One of the few people I already knew before I bought my own house here, he is a friend of my father before. From there, he also gave me an alchemy working station but I rarely use it. Fred as I call him gave me a little tour around Calpheon when I first asked him for houses I can buy, he is quite a good guy actually.


Why did I decide to settle on Calpheon? This is all rooted from fathers death and that Elion priest incident a year ago. I want to know more about the truth and how I can maybe do the righteous thing, like ending their lives if they deserve it. I felt like a piece of spy while residing at Calpheon, strolling at night and not really staying at home. I went to dungeons and fields where the Black Spirit told me, I discovered secrets and at times I just kept it to myself because once the creatures ruling the cities will know, they will probably take advantage of it.


I know people by face and names since I stayed here for quite sometime, however, there is no one I can really say whom I can trust or maybe even called a friend. I somehow managed to earned enough money to hire my own workers who can farm and mine for me and that worked pretty well. Some items and rare things I acquired from monsters also helped me to achieve more silver. Selling items at the market place is quite addictive, I somehow feel now what my father is doing for us a long time ago. The feeling when someone bought the items you are selling is quite an accomplishment.


There are a few horses available at Calpheon and I earned a few. My first ever horse is named Ghost, he is colored grey and at time shy. Second is Raven with a maroon colored skin, he is hyper-active so to say, very different from Ghost. The last one is Midnight, a white horse and she is quite moody but reliable. My longest companion is Ghost, he is there with me since the beginning, we shared a lot of adventures together. Raven is my second horse friend and lastly someone gifted me Midnight, a white horse that is now accompanying me on some explorations and personal missions in life.


I tried exploring more than ever, there is this famous Port Ratt and from the pictures and paintings from traders it looked like something out of an old storybook. I went at Olvia with Midnight to explore this mysterious island called Port Ratt. It intrigued me and so I went to Olvia to wait for a ship that will be heading to Lema. I went to the stable manager to look after for Midnight when I am gone. It took sometime and you need some patience when sailing from a sea. I do not have my own boat so I asked someone if I can go with them.


The time I stepped on Lema Island, it doesn’t look so much of a vacation spot or where people will stroll and have a feast. Soldiers are around and it looks more like a camp. I walked a little around and asked where the boat to Port Ratt is, they told me to wait at the side port. I waited for about an hour and finally the ship arrived. I hopped in and started my long journey, it is a really long ride.





It took me a day or two I guess on my way to Port Ratt. The waves, typhoons and sea monsters are not helping me relax or even sleep while on the ship. When you are on the wide open sea, it seems like you are just a speck and the water can kill you in any minute of the day. I was already dizzy and sea sick when we reached Port Ratt, I must say, the sight and view is worth the ride.


The first thing I saw are warf managers, they lend you little warfs where you can use to sail a little to fish. I notice how ancient looking the buildings are, the people at Port Ratt seems to be just waiting for the sea to go high and low. It was quite laid-back as I see. There is an inn, some fellow villagers whom asked me to join for a little drink and drying of fishes. I can say the population is so low that it is just a little over ten to fifteen. I do not know how large the population is since I am not allowed to enter the inner corner of Port Ratt which seems to be a castle or little kingdom which they call Haso.




There is nothing really to do so I just spend the day there relaxing at the shores and looking how the lanterns around the buildings fit perfectly creating a magical view. The ship arrived just after midnight and I boarded, the same long trip to Lema Island then to Olvia. Is it any woth going to Port Ratt? I say, if you want to experience a new ambience and laid-back feeling in life then go ahead and you will get all of that. I do not really recommend going there if you want to kill monsters and challenge people because citizens of Port Ratt are really going on low profile unlike people at Calpheon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FRIENDS, A SHINY BLOGPOST HERE:

BLACK DESERT ONLINE New Support Systems are Being Prepared

 Since the start, the Black Desert Studio has tried to provide new, returning, and existing Adventurers the support systems they need to set...